HRK Eagles Track & Field Spring 2020
Equipment and Uniforms
*Check out our new uniforms for 2020 here!*
New uniforms for our 2020 are coming! Sizing will be determined at our first practice/parent meeting. Please make no purchases of current uniforms on the Squad Locker site at this time.
1. New uniforms (tops and bottoms) are required to participate this year for 4th-12th graders. These uniforms will be rolled into the cost of registration. Sizes will be determined at the mandatory parent meeting. Coaches will order these uniforms.
2. Black compression shorts or spandex biker shorts are required under your team uniform shorts for both guys and girls. These will be a required part of your *full uniform. You are responsible for purchasing these on your own.
3. Running shoes are required. Basketball shoes are not running shoes. Spikes for meets are optional. Spike lengths for track are 1/4 inch. Expect running shoes to last between 250 and 500 miles. Your shoes will last longer and perform better if used for running only. These should not be your every day sneakers.
4. Girls are encouraged to wear racerback sports bras under their new uniforms. The women's sized uniforms (not youth-sized) are racerback.
Equipment Requirements and Other Recommendations-
1. Have an athletic bag with additional clothing. Additional clothing may include dry socks and extra dry shoes (for running in the rain), hoodie or warmup shirt, long pants to be worn over shorts, light-weight gloves, winter hat, headband for running in the wind (to help prevent earaches), and sunscreen.
2. Practice running shirts and shorts should be made of moisture-wicking material.
3. Your black compression shorts or spandex biker shorts required for your uniform may also be worn to practice. *However, regular running shorts are still required over any spandex.
4. Always have a full water bottle with you and come hydrated to practices and meets. You should slowly be drinking water all day. You should be finished hydrating (max 40 ounces, less for younger/smaller kids) **2 hours before a practice/meet.
5. Bring healthy snacks to a meet. These are optional but may help some runners as meets can run very long. It is important to not eat too much right before you run. If you need a snack before a practice/meet, try to make it a 100-calorie healthy snack **1 hour before. You should also be finished with a larger meal **2 hours before a practice/meet.
6. Sleep well and eat a well-rounded healthy diet. Carbs are important for runners. It goes without saying: live a drug-free, alcohol-free life.
7. HRK Eagles spirit wear may still be purchased through the HRK SquadLocker site for athletes, family, and friends.
*The dress code must be adhered to for practices and meets. Shirts must be kept on and shorts must be worn over leggings and spandex. Uniforms are required for meet participation.
**Failing to follow these guidelines could result in cramping, stomachaches, vomiting, and overheating.
Updated: January 20, 2020