HRK Eagles Girls Volleyball Fall 2020
Skills, competition, teamwork, discipline, devotions, and fun!
REGISTRATION CLOSES July 17th - Please be respectful of this date as the Sports Director, Finance Team, Webmaster and Coaches have worked hard to ensure a great season! They immediately begin preparations for the season when registration closes and therefore registering after July 17th will not be an option. Please let us know before that date if you need any accommodations with registration.
Who: Full and Part-time Homeschooled Girls in grades 5th - 12th.
When: 8/10-10/30 Practices and game days vary **Mandatory Evaluations July 27th (see info below)
Where: Home court is Village Church of Gurnee (VCG), 1319 Hunt Club Rd., Gurnee, IL.
***CONTACT US before registering with questions about team placement, or if you would like to assist with coaching. *** Assistant Coaches are still needed! Please consider helping out as an assistant coach. This MAY include helping at practice under the direction of the coach, leading devotions, filling in when the coach is absent. No experience necessary!
Look at our Equipment/Uniforms page to see what is needed for this sport.
We will NOT be having players wear masks. We do not believe this is a healthy option for our athletes.
We ask that non-athletes (except for coaches) wear a mask when they cannot keep a distance of 6ft from others.
Our expectation will be for families to monitor their players temperature and health and not attend practices or games if they have any temperature, cough, or other signs of illness.
5th through 8th grade teams- $150; July 14th increases to $165
· We are still looking for a junior high coach. We offer A LOT of support. Please contact Kerri Ward at 224-321-9477 if you have any interest. It can't hurt to have a conversation about it! Coaching incentive - registration fee discount :)
· For Girls (5th through 8th grade in the 2020/21 school year)
· Meet approx. 3 times per week with a combination of Practices and Games. Practices are generally held on Mondays. 7th and 8th grade teams may have one or two Saturday tournaments as well.
· 5th through 8th grade teams play in the NICC Conference as well as a few additional teams in the surrounding area.
14U - There may be an opportunity to play as a 14U team depending on number of players who register. This team is made up of 8th and 9th grade players.
JV/V - $185; July 14th increases to $200
· For Girls in High School for the 2020-21 school year.
· Generally meet 4 times/week for practices and games, although sometimes only 3 times.
· JV/V girls play a series of Quad Matches, usually on Saturdays. During these games we will play 3 other teams in one day. This saves families from having to drive 3 evenings to play farther opponents.
· Quad and Tournaments that are scheduled include:
§ JV - 8/22 or 29 and 10/3 in Wheaton. 9/18 and 10/16 in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
§ Varsity - 8/22 or 29 and 10/3 in Wheaton. 9/19 and 10/17 in Pleasant Prairie, WI. 9/5 TBD
§ The above dates are set to the best of my ability.
§ September 24-26 will be an overnight in Indiana for the Midwest Volleyball Championship. This should be a very exciting tournament to play in! We were excited to add this to our schedule two year's ago. Everyone had a blast!. We ask that players make every effort to attend this tournament in order for the entire team to be able to enjoy a weekend of quality volleyball. **Families are responsible for the additional cost of hotel/food. We make every effort to keep this as low as possible!
§ HRK JV/V teams play against homeschool teams and area private schools, most within an hour away. JV/V teams are part of the HSWIL Conference.
Mandatory Evaluation Date:
- Location: Village Church of Gurnee
- All girls entering 5th -8th grades in the Fall - Monday, July 27th 3:30 - 6pm (PARENTS, please stay for meeting info from 5:30- 6)
- All High School girls- Monday, July 27th from 5:30 - 8:30pm (PARENTS, please stay for meeting info from 5:30-6)
- **If you absolutely cannot make the evaluation date, please contact Kerri Ward at email@example.com to discuss options.
All HRK Girls Volleyball players must purchase their own jersey. The jersey may be used for multiple years and resold to future players.
If you need to purchase a jersey, the cost is $24.
JV/V players must purchase team shorts. These may also be used for multiple years and resold to future players.
If you need to purchase shorts, the cost is $25
Expectations: All athletes are expected to attend all practices and games for their team, and have a commitment to do additional conditioning at home where necessary.
Parents are vital to the success of HRK Eagles. ***Parents/Guardians are required to volunteer in some capacity so our group can function well. Please visit Volunteer Central at hrkeagles.org and click Volunteer Expectations for more information.
**Visit hrkeagles.org - Parents & Athletes for complete information on Athlete and Parent expectations.