HRK Eagles Boys Volleyball Spring 2020
Skills, competition, teamwork, discipline, devotions, and fun!
Who: Middle school boys, grades 5-8th
Registration will open: Jan. 2020
***According to IHSA and HRK rules, athletes are allowed to play for one club or school volleyball team during the volleyball season. If your athlete plays for a club or another school, they will have to make a decision for which team they want to play. Our coaches and sports director are very happy to sit down and discuss with you and your athlete the best choice for their athletic career. Please refer to the HRK sports handbook for further information, or email
Mandatory Evaluation/Practice and Parent Meeting:
- VCG -
- Players will be evaluated & have an initial practice
- Parents will go over the program, expectations, meet other parents, & sign up to volunteer
- Where: Home court is Village Church of Gurnee (VCG), 1319 Hunt Club Rd., Gurnee, IL.
before registering with questions, or if you would like to assist with coaching. ***
Look at our Equipment/Uniforms page to see what is needed for this sport.
Boys Middle School (5th-8th grade) -
- Will meet 2-3 times/week for combination of practices & games
- Practice times TBD at VCG on M, W &/or Th. Away games days & times will vary.
- End of season tournament in April
- Will meet 2-3 times/week for combination of practices and games.
Highschool will play local private schools & homeschool teams. Middle school will play local private schools in the NICC conference.
PLAYERS: All players are expected to attend ALL practices and games for their team, and have a commitment to do additional conditioning/drills at home when necessary. All players should arrange with the coach as early as possible if they will be missing a practice or a game. Not doing this WILL affect game play. There will be a place on the registration form for listing dates you have to miss. Please do so as this affects scheduling.
PARENTS: Since we are an all-volunteer organization, your help is NECESSARY for us to function! Coaching, assistant coaching, being a Team Parent, helping keep the book and score during games, and planning our end of season party are ways you can help out. Sign up at Volunteer Central, email the AD, and/or sign up at the Parent Meeting.